Moving Tips from Al’s Piano Moving in Edmonton
- Reduce moving-related stress with these simple moving tips from Al’s Piano Moving!
- Organization is everything!
- Clean and vacuum furniture and appliances.
- Schedule a babysitter for children and pets.
- Clear walkways of snow and debris.
- Purchase proper moving boxes and pack properly. This will save you money on labour charges.
- Remove all glass items from furniture and pack it properly.
- Always pack jewellery and medications yourself. Make sure memorabilia, hard drive, and other valuables are double-packed.
- Never pack flammables.
- Dismantle your bed and cover your box spring and mattress with plastic sheeting.
- Purchase mirror cartons for your mirrors, pictures and glassware. Wardrobe cartons can also be used for moving plants.
- Wrap plastic or shrink wrap around tables, china cabinets, dressers, and other furniture.
- Make sure your mover pads all your furniture.
- Keep a safe exit path by keeping entrances and exits free from clutter and boxes.
- Tell your mover about furniture or items that are of sentimental value to you so they can take special care of them.
- It’s always smart to leave an extra day before the new owners move in.
Moving can be very stressful, but a professional can make your move run smoothly.
Relax and smell the roses!